I've had quite a few friends ask me about certain things I use, like what I use to clean with, vitamins I give my boys, why my house smells good, How my produce stays fresh so long, ect, ect. So, like Oprah, I decide to share some of "My Favorite Things" LOL.
So here goes... I probably have a ton more, but I figured these are probably the less common that maybe someone has either never heard of, or have seen, been interested, but never wanted to try until they have heard a friends opinion. These are in no particular order... thus the reason they are labeled as random :)
Young Living Essential Oils...
This is the collection I keep in my purse at all times...Theives, Peace and Calming, Pan Away, Helichrysm, Joy, Purification, Lemon, Peppermint, Lavender, and R.C. All have their specific purpose and are extremely handy to carry around. The one I use the most and can be used pretty much for anything you can think of is Lavender. I rarely go anywhere without that one at the very least.
Tupperware Fridge Smart set. Keeps produce fresh so much longer than anything I've ever tried. Absolutely the best!!!!
These are the kids products I've used on my boys since they were born. Rarely have I ever used anything else and probably never will. They are amazing and so safe!
Close to my Heart is one of my favorite place to get scrapbooking stuff. I love their coordinating papers, acrylic stamps, and of course I collect their seasonal idea books :)

NinXia Red is a nutritional drink made from the Wolfberry. It has the highest in antioxidants, and one once of it is like eating pounds of the berry. In NinXia China people eat the berries every day and live to be well over 100 years old. I drink this when I need energy or if any of us start to feel a bug coming on.
Blue agave is like honey made from the Agave plant. It is extremely low on the glycemic index and a great substitute for sugar. We use it instead of syrup on pancakes and even instead of honey. It keeps us from getting the blood sugar spike that other syrups give us.
Found this laundry detergent at Costco a while back and have been really happy with it. I've always used free and clear formulas and tried to avoid as many chemicals as possible so when I saw this, I thought I'd give it a try. I have liked it a lot.

Like I said, I try to avoid chemicals, so this is what I have found that I like the best. The Holy Cow glass cleaner is the best one I have found that does as great as a job as Windex. It stinks a little bit, but not nearly as bad a Windex (which gives me awful headaches) and is safe. The other cleaners by that brand are okay too, but they smell really really strong and I can't stand them. The dish soap is a recent find of mine and I love it! Found it at Fry's and I was very pleased with the results. The Young Living Theives Household All purpose cleaner is amazing!!! I've been using it for years now and still can't find anything that even compares. It smells amazing and my friends always inquire about it when they smell it at my house. Totally safe too, my kids could drink the bottle and only get a tummy ache.
Cleaning... cleaning... cleaning.... I hate it! These three wonderful gadgets have made my floor cleaning a whole lot more enjoyable. The Swivel Sweeper is awesome! Hated sweeping, now I don't mind it at all... The Dyson....soooooooo worth it! We got ours at Target when it was on sale, got a $100 gift card w/ purchase, plus opened a credit card and got another 10% off, and because we got the pink one they donated $50 to Breast cancer research. It pays to shop the deals :)
And finally the Steam Mop that saved my life when it comes to mopping :) Definitely better than any other mop I've used.
My kids Supplements.... The multi is the best one out of sooooo many I have tried on my kids and the safest. The Taurine is for Tyler's nervous ticks. There are a lot more I have to give Tyler, but these are the basics that I recommend for kids (except the Taurine). My friends just keep asking me what vitamins I give my boys.
Oscillococcinum is amazing!!!! It is a homeopathic remedy you take at the first sign of the Flu. It has saved us over and over again from getting the full blown Flu when so many around us suffered from it for so long. Amazing stuff!
Rescue Remedy is another Homeopathic remedy. It works on anxiety, trauma, nervousness, ect. We used to give this to my dog when she had a seizure and it helped her come out of it. I also give it to my boys if they get hurt and they stop crying instantly. I use the Rescue Sleep formula to help me or the boys fall asleep at night (I have a hard time going to sleep unless I'm completely exhausted) It helps a lot.
The Emergen-C drink packets are just a wonderful immune system booster. I've used them for years and also give them to the boys.
This Theives line is amazing! We rarely go without any of this stuff. The oil I put on my boys feet almost everyday especially during cold and flu seasons. It helps keep their immune systems up and has really prevented illness at our house on many many occassions. I'll also difuse it in the house sometimes. The hand sanitizer is great! The toothpaste has really been amazing. My husband and I pretty much never floss and I was always lectured at the dentist because my gums were getting worse and worse. After we started using it we both have great teeth and are always complimented on our lack of tartar. last month my hygenist told me my gums couldn't get any better even if I flossed daily. LOL
The Theives spray can sanitize any surface you spray it on and I even use it when I feel a sore throat coming on and it helps get rid of it. Totally got rid of strep throat once by spraying it in there 4 times a day for 2 days (burns like you know what though) :)
The Teives lozenges are a favorite among my boys. They ask me everyday "can we have spicy candy?" I can't deny them, cause I know it's helping their immune system :) They love it!
So, sorry for the super long post, but hopefully it has helped someone :) LOL






8 comments:
Where do you find all of this stuff? Like the Thieves line, and the oils? Are they at Wal-Mart? Or are they only in homeopathic stores? Very cool post!
The Theives line, the oils, and the Kidscents line can only be ordered through Young Living Essential Oils. I have gotten a monthly autoship through them for the past 4 years and before that I ordered it through my Mom. The stuff is amazing and I can't find anything like it. I've been using their stuff for about 9 or 10 years now.
LOVE the info!
You are such an environmentalist! Yay go green! I've heard a lot about those oils and they seem like good stuff.
I love all of that info too! I've been to Young Living (I used to live 10 minutes away from it!) and they had so much cool stuff, esp. the lavender.
I didn't realize you had taken those pic of the kids when you were over, that was so fun!!
wow kayla, i didnt know you were so into all that stuff. i remember you had some spray at disneyland, and i remember your mom had herbs and carob chips at your home on lobo, but i didnt know you did all that stuff too. how do you even found out about all of it? so you really like the dyson? how is it different? yesyterday they had a dyson on sell out woot for 250, and i was sorta tempted because ive heard they're good and usally are so expensive.
I'm so impressed by you and all your natureness! You've inspired me.
Great Stuff! I am so going to try them! Thanks for the info! I love Close to My Heart stuff too. If only I could find the time/space to scrapbook!!!
Post a Comment