Friday, September 19, 2008

Grandma Connie

Josh and I received the sad news of Grandma Connie's passing yesterday morning. It came as a huge shock to me, never realizing she was even sick. Regrets flooded over Josh and I for not taking the time to go see her. I hate those types of regrets. You always think you have time.......
Grandpa Raisor and Grandma Connie at mine and Josh's wedding almost 7 1/2 years ago
They were so in love and even still considered newly weds themselves at the time.
I love knowing that they are together now and she no longer has to live here without him.


Grandma Connie loved her great grandkids and thoroughly enjoyed the moments of cuddling. She remembered their Birthdays and never failed to send a card and a little gift. For the short time she was a part of the Raisor/ Van Vleet family she held a very special place in all our hearts. We love you grandma Connie and look forward to the day when we get to see you again.

2 comments:

EmilyLemily said...

Ya, she never forgot a card! Actually, the day before she passed away I got a wedding card with a present in the mail from her! I would like to go out to AZ for the funeral, but it is too close to the wedding...my family is going, though.

Anonymous said...

So sad, Sam and I lost our Grandmas too. They remind me of being a kid and all the spoiling grandparents do. She is happy in Heaven.