Maelynn you beat me! You commented on here before I could post about it! I got all blogged out yesterday and decided to post about our weekend today. Anyways.... I finally got to try Papusas that Josh and his friend Clark have been going on and on about having. They are so good!So, one thing Josh and I rarely get to do is go out on a date, and even more rare is go on a double date with friends. So on Friday we had a family friend come babysit (which is the first time anyone but family has watched our boys while we went out for the evening). Brynne was awesome with the kids and they absolutely LOVED having her over! The funny thing about it is that Josh used to babysit her sometimes when he was younger :) So actually she is pretty much family.... :) LOL....We love you Brynne!
We've been planning to go out and eat Papusas with this couple in our ward that we really like but had never gotten around to scheduling something with them. Just a few weeks ago we saw them at a funeral and quickly discoverd Josh was related to Clark through marriage! shortly after that, we discovered Josh was also related to Maelynn through marriage. LOL! So despite liking them anyway it's even more fun to find out we're practically cousins! LOL What a small world we live in! 

So, needless to say we got to finally have a well deserved date, got to enjoy the great company of our "cousins" :) (who we had a blast with!), enjoyed some yummy Papusas, and one of my favorite frozen treats out there...Bahama Bucks! Yum!



3 comments:
What a fun date! What kind of food is that? I couldn't tell- maybe Greek or some South/Central American kind? Looks good and gotta love the Bahama Bucks! When are you moving? We're gonna miss you guys so much. Even though we only went walking a couple of times I really enjoyed it. You're awesome Kayla!
Got this explanation from another website:
"Pupusas are similar to corn tortillas, only thicker and stuffed with cheese, beans or meat. The pupusa originated in El Salvador, but it is also popular in neighboring Honduras"
I had one mad with rice flour and stuffed with the cheese and some sort of flower...yes a flower...not sure what kind, but it was my favorite one of them all! very tasty!
I'll miss you too Sarah, but don't worry, we'll be back! Thank goodness for blogs huh?
By the way... that is so wierd that you know Janel...it is a small world! :)
Those look yummy! Good foods and good friends equals good times :)
Post a Comment