7 months ago
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Lightning struck!!!
I love these wonderful Desert storms! I love lightning, thunder, rain, and hail despite what happened Thursday evening. I was at the grocery store late Thursday night when the rain, lightning, thunder and hail started pouring on us out of the blue. It seriously sounded like someone was bowling on the roof (sooooo loud!). I called Josh to see if the boys were watching it and after a minute of talking he yells out and the other end of the phone is silent. I kind of freaked out because he was outside with Nathan, so I am thinking the worst for a minute. Finally I hear Josh say something and Nathan is screaming and crying (still somewhat panicking here Josh). He tells me that lightning struck one of the telephone poles you can see from our back yard (which is only three doors down and across a street)! It struck only about 100 yards away from our house! Nathan was screaming because it was so loud and it scared him. Right after that strike almost everything North of that pole lost electricity including the grocery store I was at (thank goodness for generators) LOL. Luckily we are just barely south of the strike and our electricity was unaffected. Talk about exciting!!!! Josh said it was an absolutely amazing sight and I was bummed I missed it! It was all a little too close for comfort, but doesn't really change how much I love these storms!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment