Thursday, March 27, 2008

Explanation of pictures in the slideshow

I'm so excited I figured out how to add music! As you can tell, I love happy music or songs with a sweet message. I love music! I wish I was talented in that area, but unfortunitly I'm not really and just have to sit back and enjoy the talents of others :) One day I'll learn to play the piano and take voice lessons :) But for now I'll just add that to my running list of things to do. LOL

I'm also excited to have gotten the slideshow feature to work (took me a while) :) I should explain some of the pictures though. . .
If you noticed the ones with Josh and I building a structure out of cans, yes it is a Cannon (if you could tell from the photos). Josh's office (DEA Inc.) participated in the annual Canstruction event where groups donate can foods and build creative, themed, structures out of them to display then the structures get judged and the cans go to local food banks (go to .http://www.canstruction.org/ for more info on the event). Its fun. We dropped the kids off at my Mom's and spent literally all night building our cannon to "Blast hunger" in Fiesta Mall. We started at 9pm and finished sometime after 3:30am. So, I guess you could say we spent the night at the mall (how many people do you know that can say they've done that?) LOL. Crazy? Yes! But very fun! They were on display at Fiesta Mall in Mesa for one week. I just felt like those pictures needed some explanation :)

For those of you wondering about the Dog in the picture she is our "foster baby". January 29th I found her wondering our street hungry and timid. We named her Daisy and the boys LOVE her! She absalutely loves me and will hover around me at all times (she's actually laying behind my chair right now and does this everynight). She is my buddy. Unfortunately the timing is horrible we are not keeping her for good (I have mixed feelings about this). We are not ready to have a family dog and never planned on getting one until we were done having kids and Tyler was a teenager. Daisy is a sweetheart but will be leaving our home soon. :(

As you can see the boys love to ham it up for the camera :) They love goofing off in hats and get all huggy and cute. Don't let that fool you, they fight and whine throughout the day but I don't capture a lot of those moments :). Despite their constant fighting they are buddies and absalutely love eachother, it's adorable.

The Chucky Cheese pictures where from Nathan's Birthday. We have a tradition of doing one out of the ordinary fun activity for the boys' birthdays. That was the first time for Nathan and first time Tyler can remember going there. They had a blast! We were the last family there (didn't leave until 10pm!) Josh got the Jack pot shooting hoops, and I got the Jack pot playing Skee Ball! I think we ended up with 400 tickets by the end of the night. LOL We may have had as much fun as the boys, if not more :) LOL Tyler and Nathan keep begging to do it again :)

Some pictures are from Nathan's Birthday party in our backyard with mine and Josh's parents, siblings, and their families. It turned out great and Nathan loved his football & Basketball cakes as well as his new room. Instead of toys, Josh and I with the help of many, did a sports themed bedroom for him. He LOVES it! I often overhear him in there talking to himself saying "basketball....hopball (which is football)...Hoccerball.....Beasball......." That's Nathan language LOL He will just say that over and over, it's so funny how excited he is over sports. He will come find me and say "Basketball me mom?" which is come play basketball with me Mom! With the help of Grandpa Van Vleet and Josh, I made a soccerball headboard for his bed and he always refers to his bed as the "soccerball bed" and his room is the "basketball room". LOL He's so cute!

All the rest of the pictures are from Easter activities. There are some from Family Home Evening at Grandma and Grandpa Van Vleets house when we colored Easter eggs. The boys are so proud of their "artwork" on their eggs that they won't let us eat them. LOL They would get them out everyday to look at, all day, if I let them. :) LOL
The boys hunted for eggs in our backyard and had fun, then after church we went to the Beecroft's house (aunt Steph's parents) to have Easter fun with my family. They got to pet the horses (which Nathan and I fell in love with), hunt for eggs, and had a wonderful Easter meal. We had a busy but fantastic Easter.

So there's the explanation of the pictures in the slideshow:)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay!!! You have a blog!!! And you have had it for a long time and I didn't know about it! It's your cousin Elizabeth by the way, you should be able to get to mine now. Woot woot!

Penny Jane said...

i didn't know either! im glad you posted on ours so i culd find it! i hope you are doing great!

EmilyLemily said...

Hey, I'm joining the crew...I found your blog on Elizabeth's! :) I love your enteries so far! And Nancy told me about the prayer story with Tyler when I was out there for Easter. So funny!!