Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thinking of Grandparents

The boys are really into painting and drawing pictures for their grandmas and grandpas to mail to them. It’s so cute that they are constantly thinking of them and wanting to do things for them despite being so far away. We had to put a packet of artwork together and mail it to their grandparents and we already have more =)

Nathan painting for Grandpa
Tyler making a book for each of his grandmas
Nathan very focused on the book Grandma Bonnie got him before we left
(he looks kinda sad huh?) I thought it was so sweet, I had to take his picture.
I love that they are in this stage of making things for people. Last night our Bishop and a counselor was over visiting us and the boys were at the table painting. He brought over a painted toilet paper roll and decided to give it to bishop after Bishop said "That would look great on my desk, maybe it could hold pencils, what do you think?" Tyler was so excited that he wanted his piece of art! He immediately agreed and Bishop told him to come to his office on Sunday to see how good it looks on the desk. It was so cute. Tyler told him he wanted to make another one for his wife and he did this morning =) I can't even begin to describe how Tyler's face lit up at the Bishop's excitement over his gift. It was so adorable.
I remember doing the same thing as a kid. I made things for anyone I thought would enjoy them, and the happier they were about it, the more it made my day and encouraged me to do that for people even more. It's fun to know exactly how Tyler feels =)



No comments: