Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Real Salt Lake Playoff game


So Josh got some tickets to one of the Real Salt Lake play off games! He was so excited as most of you could imagine :). Of course Tyler and Nathan (especially Nathan) were very excited too. For days before the game Nathan kept asking if we were going to a soccer game everytime we left the house =). So on Saturday November 1st we headed to the stadium 2 hours early for some $1 hotdogs and some fun =).

Nathan was mad that we interupted him kicking his soccer ball around to take a picture.


Josh scored us a couple t-shirts, a soccer ball, and a hat. It pays being tall and having long arms when prizes get thrown out into a group =) LOL


Nathan was excited to meet the Real team mascot, but Tyler refused and stayed far back with me =) LOL

Nathan begged for popcorn and hung tight to it =)
Tyler and I ended up sitting in front of Josh and Nathan because for some odd reason we were given seat 9,14,15,16. We didn't worry too much assuming 10, 11,12,13 wouldn't mind moving down one seat so a family could sit together. I was completely wrong. The guy and his wife in seats 10 & 11 refused, claiming the goal would obstruct their view (which they were already behind anyway) Like one seat makes a big difference. I wanted to say "last I checked, you could see through the net, what's the big deal?). I was pretty angry that they wouldn't move down one seat for a family to be able to sit together, but I didn't say anything. Basically we paid for them to have leg room and not feel claustrophobic while we were cramped on everyside trying to fit 4 people in 3 tiny seats. Not fun.....
Luckily our patience paid off and a little while into the game we realized nobody was going to be sitting in front of us, so Tyler and I hopped down to the front row. Score! leg room at last! It all worked out. Meanwhile the rude dude continued being rude and yelling harsh things and used some language I would have perfered my boys not hear. I felt like hitting him........ I kinda wish I had the guts to.....but what example would that be setting? Sure would have been great to see the shock on his face if a girl were to hit him after all the things he had said =) LOL. Just kidding, I would never be able to do that no matter how much I'd like to =). It's just sad when you see people being so un-christlike and you're pretty sure they "believe" the same things you do. Breaks my heart. Anyway, It was a great lesson for me, because now I know if I'm ever put in those shoes I will be way more compassionate than if we hadn't experienced that.
I kept telling Josh we needed to let Tyler go sit in that seat and let him act however he wanted to. I was pretty sure that would have changed his mind about moving down for us =) LOL (Tyler was pretty wound up and crazy at the game) I'm pretty sure that plan would have worked, but as much as I wanted to try it, I didn't want Tyler anywhere near him (worried rudeness was contagious I guess) =) LOL Gratefully it all worked out and a good lesson was learned :) I just needed to rant and rave a bit :) LOL

The game against Chivas USA was pretty uneventful at first. There were a lot of "almost goals" through out the whole game but no actaul goals until the last minute of the game.


It was very exciting that last minute of the game and we were SO happy the team Real won!
Real...Salt Lake!!! Real ...Salt Lake!!! (you must chant that to sound good)
We had a blast!
Nathan sleeps with the soccer ball his Daddy won for him and carries it around almost all day :)
Tyler thought it was great to be able to yell and not get into trouble for it. Everytime the crowd yelled, so did he =) The crowd was yelling for the team......and he was just yelling to yell =) LOL

4 comments:

Marla said...

Sorry your tickets got all messed up...I should've checked that before giving them to you. I got season tickets for the 2009 season. If I can't make it to a game, I'll give you guys a call...they are great seats..right between the circle and the 18yd box!

Alice said...

I can't tell you how many times that same thing has happend to me. People can be so rude. I didn't do any thing for a wile, but we all no that I did yell at that guy for being rud to my kids, ok maby two guys. You where smart to not have Tyler next to him because he probly would have been rude to him as well and then you would have had to knock him out. I would have you back, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Oooooh Sam will be so jealous. How fun that you guys live close enough to a soccer team, Sam loves soccer so he would be in Heaven.

KARI said...

Looks like fun! Your boys are so big now. They grow way to fast.